Thursday, October 5, 2023

Weekly progress & plan

Here is my weekly progress for the magazine project, and also my rough plan.

Week 

Term 2

Week 

Term 3

1

(2 Oct)

Brief, Research

8

( 8 Jan)

Development

2

Research

9

Shoot

3

Research

10

Shoot, Self Reflection

4

Proposal 

11

Post Production

5

Development

12

Post Production

6

Development

13

(12 Feb)

Deadline (Monday 12th February)

7

Development

14



Semester 1 

Week 1:
Our teacher introduced us to the magazine vocabulary and this magazine project sounds really fun, i'm excited to make my own magazine which is a fashion magazine. Im working together with my friend, Yolivia for this magazine. 

Week 2: 
i was doing my big detailed cover analysis and it's pretty hard. I think i should work on my time management and planning because i lose focus alot and i have to catch up. We learned about research and representation theory too in this week, the theories are abit hard to understand but after awhile i start to understand. Now i can apply them to the magazine such as representation theory and some more.

Week 3:
Analyzed a detailed cover magazine, i was abit confused as to what to write but after seeing the examples i start to get the idea of the magazine. Mr showed us an example of a fashion magazine from the upper grade, i think it looks really great and i would like to so something similar to that. I need to finish more of the detailed cover magazine by next friday. 

to do : make a draft of cover ( to get an idea of how my magazine will look like later on ), find a theme and a topic for my magazine (more detailed ver), finish my detailed magazine.

Week 4:
This week i finished my detailed cover magazine and created a magazine development in the class, i think the challenges i have is creating names and finding a theme for my fashion magazine. I can solve this by researching more when i have time.

Week 5:
We did media theory which helps us understand more about the terms of media, to use in our magazine. We also did a gallery walk about media theories. The problem i was having on the development process of my magazine is because my groupmate, yolivia did not come for a long time. I solved it by talking to her about the magazine ideas we are going to use, and the style. I need to finish making terminology and technical skills. 

Week 6:
We did section A practice in media and learn more about theories, i also made my double page spread analysis for the magazine. Wa also talked about new and old media, how it changes the audience and the industry. We also start the 1'st draft magazine article. 
Problem - making the article because it is still confusing in which vocab to use and how to write one.
Solution - i started to read more articles online and understand better
To do list - research more magazines and discuss more with my group mate (Yolivia).

Week 7: 
My teacher, Mr Nick gave us a checklist to make sure our blog posts are all there and organized. 
this is the checklist : 

This is the final week before our term break, my to do list is to find good locations for the magazines picture. 

Problems : I couldn't embed the statement of intent properly, my magazine is not done yet
Solution : Mr nick helped with the statement of intent and for magazine i will continue it until it's finished (deadline Thursday)

Semester 2

Week 1: 
We learned about the stages of media which is production, distribution and exhibition. We also learned about the industry of media and how it affects the media production. We got feedback from our teacher about our blog post, he said that my blog needs more reflection and improvement, we also made our location scout and risk assessment.  

Problem : Its hard to find a location which is perfect for the magazine
Solution : More research and asking previous upper grades about this task (since they already did the task)

Week 2:
We had practice to do our magazine which first we learned to sketch it on paper, we took draft pictures and make a hard draft practice in google drawings.We also learned about media industries and how the company can effect the media created. 

Problem : using google drawing is really hard because they are not as advanced for magazine and i don't know what font to use.
Solution: After searching, i decided to use canva because canva has lots of varieties for editing and for the fonts i decided to search up in pinterest for fonts that might look good on my magazine.

Week 3:
We made our magazine cover, took pictures for our magazine and started to design the magazine cover. We also learned about theory in consuming media

Problem: its hard to find a time for the pictures and its hard to find a perfect font for the magazine cover
Solution: Sacrifice our schedule to find the right time and use Dafont for the fonts

Week 4:
This week we started to finish our cover magazine, i decided to stop working together with Yolivia my teammate because we both agreed that it would be easier for us to do separately. We also started doing our critical self reflection for media.

Problem: finding the right time to take pictures for our magazine, making the critical self reflection because it is very long.
Solution: We scheduled this saturday and we cleared our plans for that day, starting to do my critical elf reflection from now.

Week 5:
This week i took all the pictures for my magazine needed, i also made my magazine cover and its very close too finished.

Problem: My picture was abit too big so i cannot adjust the pictures, instead i have to adjust the font in my magazine cover
Solution:  I decided to delete some of the fonts in magazine that is not needed for more space. 

Week 6:
I started my front cover page and table of contents page research and development blog post and started my double page spread development blog post

Problem: Its hard to find a font and to make the content page because its very confusing where to start and some magazine i found doesnt have that contents page
Solution: after researching in pinterest i finally found several ideas for the contents page.

Week 7: 
I finished making my front cover page and research and development blog post, made my contents page done and I finished my critical self reflection powerpoint.

Problem: time management is very hard bcs there are so many upcoming test and quiz that i also have to learn and media takes so much time from mine and when the due date is near.
Solution: I didnt sleep and did it all for 4 hours so finally i finished it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crime Documentary Self Reflection

 This is my critical self reflection: These are the questions for the critical self reflection CR 1  - How do your products represent social...