Monday, July 29, 2024

Weekly progress & plan

 This is my weekly progress and plan for TERM 1

Week 1: had my first media class, was introduced to our projects and i think its pretty exciting! (Were making a crime documentary)

Week 2: We did our researches by watching some documentaries about football and crime, there was very obvious difference that i learned and i might use their ideas in my project, we also made our groups for the projects. One of my team aurelia has already got some ideas for our project which we can use for the project.

Week 3: I learned how different regulation can effect the media’s contents such as in china they use doyuin which has regulation where governments can control or punish them for the users content and they also have this regulation where kids below 14 years old will only be able to open the application at 8am - 10pm only for 40 minutes and the contents are also educational. However in Tiktok they have no regulations for time limit, only optional. The US government has a rule in section 230 where the media companies wont be punished for the contents as the governments does not interfere unless it has something to do with copyrights, sex trafficking, ect.

Problem: i dont really know alot about china tiktok
Solution: mr nick teaches us more about the regulations which helps me understand more

To do: find actors, make plots

Week 4: I learned about how media can effect people's opinion for political reasons. My group also continued our ad project which i finished my location scout, my friend regine and aurelia is making the story line plot + script, while beatrice is making storyboard.

Problem : we do not have much time on media to finish our projects 

Solution: we use our time effectively by splitting our works into 4

To do: finish our script and storyboard

Week 5: I learned about representation which is how media represents people. I think that how we can represent people through media really affects how people see. For example for a crime documentary the murderer would be evil, psychotic and those. My friend beatrice also finished her storyboard, regina and aurelia also finished the story line and i finished my location scout. Next we did shooting this week to practice

Problem : Our time is limited as media is only 2 periods which isn't enough to do projects

Solution: We did the project, shooting at lunch or afterschool

To do: practice shoot

Week 6: Our teacher introduced us to critical reflection and how to answer the questions. We were also introduced the dystopian movies in theories. We also finished all our shooting for the documentary and it was pretty fun.

Problem: the critical reflection is not completely done as we haven't fully finish our filming, so we aren't able to analyze as much. We also had some problems in shooting day as we are not sure when to shoot.

Solution: we already made our plan and adjusted for shooting :), we also did the critical reflection after the filming is done to further analyze

To do: we need to edit and make thumbnail and the title for our documentary.

Week 7: We started on editing as we need to finish our documentary more

Problem: the problem was in making the research as we dont have as much done

Solutions: We got time to finish and research more on our class

Todo list: self reflection, editing, thumbnail, team picture, finish up blog, location and risk assessment pictures

Week 8: We did the whole week filled with project lessons as our deadline is by the end of the week.

Problem: Most of us are not done with our blogspots and we needed to be done by this week as the grading closes.

Solutions: We all focuses on this, as it is almost very near

Self reflection: I think that on this term, I should have started earlier on project instead of doing it when the due date is near so that I am able to get more time to get it done. I also think I have tackled the problems here, however would be better if I forecasted the problems in the future so that I can prepare better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crime Documentary Self Reflection

 This is my critical self reflection: These are the questions for the critical self reflection CR 1  - How do your products represent social...